Monday 6 July 2015

What's In Your Diaper Bag? Jenn and Isobel


"Being a mom has been a wonderful journey so far. Isobel is an amazing, smart and beautiful girl who makes me smile and laugh. I love having her in my life. I'm looking forward into seeing who she will become."

I met today's mommy when we were children ourselves, practically. As an eager, young teenager, she could wrangle large groups of kids with ease! With bug hunts and other wild adventures, it's no exaggeration to say she helped raise her neighbour's 3 children. I knew she would be a fantastic mother one day, and she proves me right on a regular basis. Now that her first is really starting to need some supplies, I had to ask...

What's In Your Diaper Bag?

Name: Jenn

Baby's Name (and age): Isobel (14 Weeks)

 
The Most Important Thing: Her Sewfunky Baby Sling. Isobel loves cuddles, I don't go anywhere without the sling, if she wants to be snuggled it allows my hands to be free while she gets the comfort she needs.


Basic Save: Hand me downs. We have lots of family and friends with kids that have grown. We were able to save lots of money by asking for these. We didn't have to buy a crib, change table, rocking chair or many of her clothes because of the help we received from others. It's been great!


Essential Splurge: Diapers. We have tried several brands and none fit her as good as Pampers do. We spend the money on those because we want her comfortable and happy.


Best Preparedness Advice: Always double check your diaper bag before you leave the house! Make sure you have the things that your baby will need for however long you will be out. Isobel’s soother was left at home once when we were out for the night and she does not settle in for sleep unless she has it! Fortunately we were at a friend’s house and they had a spare soother from their son, we were able to sanitize it and she fortunately took it! Another time I forgot my wallet… fortunately I was walking somewhere and I have a phone case with my credit card attached, I can do anything as long as I have that! I think the worst thing that has happened was I forgot to refill the wipes before I left and I had 1 wipe for a super messy diaper. I ended up using wet paper towels to get her clean! Ever since then I double check the wipes and have a spare pack hidden somewhere.

Final Words of Wisdom: Taking care of yourself is just as important as taking care of your baby. I have a “mommy pocket” in my diaper bag where I keep things for me, to ensure I’m comfortable throughout the day too! I have gum, snacks (granola bars and dried fruit), lip balm, sunscreen, deodorant, a water bottle, pads, and a spare shirt. I just never know if I’m going to get lunch on the run, or if I’ll be out longer than expected! Fortunately Isobel is a breasted baby, so her food is always available, but if I’m not taking care of myself, feeding her can become a challenge, so I have to keep myself hydrated and well fed!


Contents: Diaper bag, diaper disposal bag dispenser, hand sanitizer in a turtle holder, snacks for mom, tissues. emergency kit, change pad, Sewfunkey baby carrier, multiple outfits, diapers, wipes, baby bum cream, lotion, jacket, baby blankets, sun shield, and anti-scratch mittens.

No comments:

Post a Comment