Monday 20 April 2015

What's In Your Diaper Bag? - Caitlin and Cole

"This has been the best year of my life. Can't remember what I used to do with my time... When you have a busy baby like my son you need the biggest diaper bag you can find. I always look like I'm packing for a weekend, when I'm just trying to get out to a program." --Caitlin



Motherhood can often feel very isolating at the beginning. As you start to learn your new baby and your new role, it takes a while to meet people that you really connect with. I was very lucky to meet today's mommy early on. As one of the only other parents holding a tiny newborn in a room of crawling babies, we've bonded since what feels like the start of our children's lives. Sweet and confident, Caitlin is just the kind of friend you need to ask questions and share stories. Through the sleepless nights, random baby freak outs, and teething misery, she makes it fun and manageable because you're in it together. It's not hard to see from whence her son gets his kind and generous nature!

What's In Your Diaper Bag?

Name: Caitlin

Baby's Name (and age): Cole (10 months)

The Most Important Thing: Burp cloths. Those things have soooo many uses. 

Basic Save: Diapers. I was originally buying the Honest Company diapers but those became WAY too expensive. We now buy what is on sale.




So cute and tempting, and with claims about free trials, it's not hard to see how mommies get swayed! Subscription services may seem easy and convenient, but do the math first! If the budget makes sense, do it. Delivery is way better than wasting gas to buy diapers or lugging a huge box on the bus! Being locked in when you're not using the products or the quantities is just a waste.

Essential Splurge: Snacks. I never thought I would buy puffs but they are definitely worth it.

Best Preparedness Advice: Always have at least two changes of outfits. When you use something make a note on your phone to replace that item. It's better to have too much stuff then too little. You never know what you might need or what you can lend to a friend.



No comments:

Post a Comment