Monday 6 April 2015

What's In Your Diaper Bag? - Sara and Riley


Having a young baby at home is hectic at the best of times, but today we feature a busy entrepreneur who takes a full schedule to a new level. As a hair dresser, artisan, and a full time mom, she has had to learn multi-tasking! She told us "I have a three year old and a 4 month old and let me tell you it is way more difficult with 2. I work from home and don't take mat leaves so while trying to take care of two children I also work. My clients love to hold Riley while they get their hair done. Thank goodness otherwise it would be crazy." Well, who could blame them with cheeks like those!

What's In Your Diaper Bag?


Name: Sara

Baby's Name (and age): Riley (4 months)


Image borrowed from Walmart.ca
Most Important Thing: Swaddle sac. Riley loves to be swaddled every time she goes to sleep. And this sac cuddles her up nice and tight.

If being snuggled up is your baby's style too, and mastering the art of a blanket is not your thing, there are lots of brands to choose from. Remember to look for the seasonal weight of the blanket (summer vs winter thickness), and consider a model that wraps in multiple ways for your growing and changing sleeper! We like gender neutral to function for multiple babies, but there are dozens of cute patterns to choose from!

Basic Save: Clothes. I haven't bought any for Riley. We are using hand me downs from Hayden


Essential Splurge: Diapers. Once she is 6 months old we have cloth diapers for her. But until then spending money on disposable ones.

Best Preparedness Advice: I tell my husband what I have in there and ask if I'm forgetting anything... He then says we aren't going to the moon so if we forget anything we can just buy it.


Involving your partner is a great idea! It's always best never to assume the other added more diapers or remembered to take the spit up covered pajamas out of there before your next outing!

No comments:

Post a Comment